- ETRC is open to preschool, secondary school and university teachers of English and American Studies in Ukraine and also to graduate students specializing in English teaching and American Studies, and students who attend Youth Discussion and Film Club meetings. Membership is free of charge. To register, please bring a passport, a photo, and an official request from your institution to use the English Teaching Resource Center facilities.
- ETRC cardholders can borrow all available resources, use free Internet for professional purposes, and attend methodological seminars.
- ETRC cardholders may borrow up to 10 items at a time, but no more than 3 DVDs and 5 textbooks at a time.
- In addition to circulation library items, ETRC members may also borrow a classroom set of 10-20 books for up to 6 months. An official letter from your institution is required.
- Kyiv residents may check out library materials for 2 weeks and Kyiv oblast residents – for up to 4 weeks. Persons who do not have permanent residence in Kyiv or Kyiv oblast may borrow ETRC materials for up to 6 weeks.
- All borrowed materials may be renewed only if other members have not reserved them. To renew please call 238-6610 or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The cardholders can reserve materials which are currently borrowed by other members.
- A fine of 0.5 hrv per day for the late return of library items will be charged. For damaged or lost items, the price of the item will be charged. If you are going to return items late, please contact ETRC as the materials may have been requested by other members.
- To sign up for the ETRC electronic newsletter, please leave your e-mail address at the circulation desk or send it by e-mail.
- Please turn off the sound in your mobile phone at the library.
Policy for Seminar Attendance
- Only ETRC members can participate regularly in seminars and workshops.
- If you want to attend a seminar or workshop, please sign up in advance by email (email@example.com), phone 238-6610, 067-2307619 or at the circulation desk. Please check the current schedule at the circulation desk, on the bulletin board, or in the ETRC Newsletter.
- You can sign up for a maximum of two (2) seminars in advance.
Workshops and special presentations
- If you register and can’t participate, you need to call ETRC to cancel. According to our policy, if you do not remove your name from our list, you will not be permitted to attend the next workshop. This policy was developed due to the fact that many people sign up and don’t come, preventing others from attending.
- Attendance to all sessions is required for admittance to a seminar. Seminars usually consist of two (2), three (3) or four (4) meetings. If you miss a session without contacting ETRC, your name will be removed from the seminar list.
- Please be on time for all scheduled events. Arriving late disrupts the presentation and participants’ concentration.
Please turn off your cell phones during all events.